Sunday, April 15, 2007

Today

Today is one of those moist, rainy, Ithaca days that we get so many of. The daffodils, tulips, and forsythia are just about to bloom if we ever get a couple of warm days. The weather forecast is for a big snowstorm, but it's certainly not happening yet. The birds are out and singing - I have a cardinal who sits in the fir tree between my house and the next, who sings out vigorously, and I hope avoids being eaten by my cat, whose ability to run up the trees is impressive. I walked down the street to Gimme! coffee to sit and drink a mocha and grade papers. As I walked over the bridge at Cascadilla St. the stream was racing along towards Cayuga Lake. Gimme! was full of academic looking folk - I sat down and sipped my mocha and someone who taught computer science sat down across from me and read his New Yorker. Further in, several people crouched in front of their laptops, and one man wrote comments on a paper. It looks chilly outside, but nonetheless there are the sights and sounds and smells of spring about to pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment