Friday, August 07, 2009

Back in Ithaca

I returned to Ithaca this morning, and it is so green! So much is growing - the tomatoes & basil in the backyard, the rose bushes (which have been sadly decimated by the Japanese beetles), the Rose of Sharon trees, the lilac bushes, the coneflowers (echinachia), the brown-eyed Susans, the grass.... We are really blessed by abundant rain here! (At least this summer). My tenants told me that apparently some creature has been eating the tomatoes when they start to get ripe - I hope that when I pick my cat up from the kennel today, he'll start keeping whatever animal it is away from them.

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering what your thoughts were on Tarantino's new Jewish Rvenge Fantasy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy. I don't plan to see it, because I don't really enjoy extremely violent movies. Cinematic revenge fantasies aren't usually my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're reading the New York Times while sitting inside of a clunker today, don't turn to page A16. That where the paper announces this was, "the final weekend of the federal government's phenomenally popular "cash for clunkers" program, officially known as the Car Allowance Rebate System, in which car owners could receive up to $4,500 by trading in cars worth a fraction of that amount for new cars with better gas mileage."

    ReplyDelete