Sunday, January 22, 2012

Listening to Janis Ian in Israel

I'm listening right now to a beautiful concert of Janis Ian on Galei Zahal (Israel army radio). She's singing in English, and talking between songs - with her words being translated by the broadcaster. She just sang her hit, "At Seventeen," there was a lot of applause, and now she's singing the encore. One of the things she talked about earlier was going to Toronto for a science fiction conference and deciding to get married to her girlfriend there! Oh, I'd love to be at the concert!

3 comments:

  1. She's loved sf fandom and Worldcon, etc., since finding it a few years ago, as you know. http://www.sfwa.org/2010/06/quick-updates-for-2010-06-10/

    The SFWA version of At 17: http://kriswrites.com/2010/06/09/janis-ians-welcome-home-for-true-fans-everywhere/

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I know? No, I don't know, since I don't follow fandom anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather tentatively presume you know something than presume you don't. :-)

    ReplyDelete