Monday, April 16, 2007

Killings at Virgina Tech

Peggy Williams, the president of Ithaca College, sent out an Important Message for the Campus Community on the massacre at Virgina Tech today. I first learned about them when I looked at the New York Times web site this afternoon, when they first reported that about 22 people had been killed. Now at least 33 people are reported dead. It's scary to hear about this - American colleges and universities are open places, and anyone can walk in, unlike Israeli universities which have fences around them and checkpoints with guards. I don't know that I can say anything particularly new about this - I can only imagine the shock and horror the students, their families, the faculty, and the staff at Virgina Tech feel. May they be able to find some comfort in the coming days and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment