Monday, July 16, 2007

Walking down Kovshei Katamon St.

I took a walk down from my apartment to a friend's house, and I took a few photos on my way. I walked down a street called "Kovshei Kataman" (in Hebrew: כובשי קטמון) - which means "Conquerors of Kataman" St. The name comes from the 1948 war, when this neighborhood was conquered by the Palmach even before the declaration of the state.

The first photo is of the little market that's closest to my house: Deli Market.



Here's the stop for the #13 bus, which goes to the center of the city and then to Mahaneh Yehudah.



This is Halperin St., which goes down from Palmach to Ha-Lamed Heh St. As you can see, it's not really a street.



This is the roundabout where Kovshei Katamon meets several other streets, including Rachel Imenu. A few years ago the city put up this curious little sculpture installation of little chairs. Whenever I walk by here late on a Friday night, all of the chairs are being used by groups of religious girls out schmoozing on Shabbat evening.



Here's some more of the chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment