Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"The Gate of Mercy" - for a sad Tisha B'Av

This is a beautiful song by Meir Banai, for Tisha B'Av

 

THE GATE OF MERCY 

I going around in the old city
and noise comes from every corner
I already know,
I know my way already
on the way to the gate of mercy

I don't look around
I don't listen
I'm a dreaming man
and so it was always
but I already know
I know my way already
on the way to the gate of mercy

I live once, just once
there's a sense, there's no sense
with strength, without strength
the gate of mercy.
Come with me together
come from the midst of fear
because you, you are also a part
of the gate of mercy.

The sign boards over the stores
they watch over the streets
in my heart there's a scream and it's great
show me the gate of mercy.

I live once, just once...

No comments:

Post a Comment