Wednesday, October 18, 2023

The murdered, kidnapped, and missing victims of Hamas in Be'eri, Nir Oz, and Kfar Aza

Dr. Rachel Elior, Professor Emerita in Jewish Thought at the Hebrew University, was one of my dissertation advisors. I studied the Hekhalot literature with her in a seminar in the late 1980s when I was in Israel, and from her I learned to love this literature.

She just posted this on Facebook (my translation from the Hebrew):

110 murdered in Be'eri (kibbutz near the border with Gaza). 
At least 80 members of (kibbutz) Nir Oz - a small kibbutz of about 400 people - are listed as missing. More than 25 were murdered.
In Kibbutz Kfar Aza, which had more than 800 people before the catastrophe, 52 Kibbutz members were murdered, seven were kidnapped to Gaza, and 13 are missing. Six more were wounded. Also in this case the numbers are not final

 

No comments:

Post a Comment