Monday, July 11, 2011

Glenn Beck in Israel speaking about "truth"

Glenn Beck visited Jerusalem today and spoke before a Knesset committee: he called on MKs to "speak the truth" about Israel and its adversaries. He addressed the Immigration, Absorption, and Diaspora Affairs committee (why this committee in particular?). Beck did say, surprisingly, that "I'm not against a Palestinian state. I'm not here for a political solution. There's something bigger than politics here. I don't think in my lifetime I've seen a more clear definition of evil that has been dismissed," referring to the massacre of the Fogel family in Itamar.

Apparently Beck was criticized from the right by a number of MKs for not condemning the proposal for a Palestinian state. MK Arye Eldad also criticized Beck for saying that Arabs and Israelis are all "people who want to live their lives and raise their kids." Eldad said: "Not everyone is like us. They don't just want to have a good life. They have different motives than we do."

I guess it takes an Israeli politician to make Glenn Beck look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment