Tuesday, May 18, 2004

More new and interesting blogs -- veiled4allah, by a Muslim woman who, among other things, has an ad for a Muslim site called Hug a Jew. She argues for the use of nonviolent tactics by Palestinians and talks about her own life as a Muslim paralegal, and many other things as well. One incident she reported on was quite disturbing -- when she was entering a building for a job interview, a woman passing harassed her. "Annoyingly, as I was coming up to the building, this woman passing by looked at me and said loudly 'Shame on you'. How rude."

I got to the veiled4allah site from the Velveteen Rabbi's blogroll. Velveteen Rabbi's latest posting is about gay marriage and the interpretation of Leviticus 18:22 -- how to interpret it in such a way as not to condemn gay relationships and sexuality. Well worth reading.

The other new blog that I've started reading is Baraita who writes in a very amusing way about Jewish and academic life. I don't know where she teaches -- she calls her place of employment "Boondoggle University" and the synagogues she goes to "Temple Boondoggle" (Reform) and "Congregation Beth Boondoggle" (Conservative).

2 comments:

  1. I notice the only Jews they want to hug are far leftist dhimmis.
    I'm not impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may be, but I'm still pleased by the positive message of "hug a Jew," rather than "kill a Jew."

    ReplyDelete